Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Sea Elves

Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long, life has been a little bit busy. Hubby has been in and out of hospital with his vena sections for his heart problems. And then I fell and broke my ankle, we are both on the mend and we have also heard from another Cardiologist wanting to talk to Robert re:his problems. That one my friends is the scaries thing we have yet to do. That will be in two weeks time.

Well in between things I have managed to do a few Sea Elves and a House Elf.

Here they are please let me know what you think. xxx

These Guys are made from Polymer Clay, painted with Metallic Acrylic paints. Then sprayed with Clear Car Varnish, which dries extremely hard.

They have hair made from feathers and some have a few little bling things in their hair.



More..........



This is a House Elf, I thought it was a girl but I am having second thoughts. Maybe if I put a bit more makeup on, like rosy cheeks, he/she might look better.
I had all these crystals given to me by Roberts Mother and I like to have them on my work bencch (our lounge room coffee table) hehehe!!!! but it is getting rather cluttered on there, so I have put them on a block and added a vase and the Elf.

 I have a few more trinkets to add to it. Also I haven't quite finished dressing my Elf.

Let me know what you think of them, and thank you so much for stopping by. xxx   


2 comments:

Textile and Stitch said...

Your elves are too cute! Love the feather hair, it's always interesting to hear about new things to try...
like car varnish?! Interesting!

It's great you still found time to create and check in here on your blog with everything going on in life. Hope you're both well soon :)

tinypearl5758 said...

Thank you so much for dropping by, you sound as though you have been as busy as I have. Your dress is beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing more of you craft also.

We are doing well, yes the Car varnish is great, because it take one almighty knock or scratch to actuall make a mark.

And I also love the Feather hair, it looks more whimsical. xxx