Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Sea Critters - Shellillians

"Wow", that was a long break, Hubby hasn't been well, lots going on and just waiting for interstate doctors to get back to his Cardiologist to know what the next move might be. Fingers crossed that he moves forward and not backwards, as he normally does, every time they touch him.

I was working down the beach the other day and what do you think I found? This funny little sea-critters. Well they haven't told me very much about themselves, but I will fill you in as soon as they tell me. Hhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 These little critters were my attempt to do a sculpt using a shell. Unfortunately, reading the instructions of what temperature to cook them at, it was suppose to be 15mins for every 1/4". I did that and burnt them big time. But I don't like to waste anything, so, I still did them up.

Each "Shellillian" has a shell behind them, and each are either carrying or have a heart on them.  I haven't taken very good photos, sorry.
I used a bit of metallic gold paint and then sprayed them with clear car varnish to seal them. There hair, are made from feathers and this one has a felt hat that I made.

This little guy is very shy.
He also has a heart in his pocket.

Let me know what you think of them. And if you have any helpful hints on the cooking of the clay, that would be fantastic. xxx

WIP

 Also I have a couple of House Elves on the go, I am still Dressing this one. I will show you more when I have finished her. xxx 
And this little guy is still in the making.
Well I hope you like what I have made and I look forward to any comments. Take care. Also I would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has joined up to follow me. xxx



No comments: